The week so far has been exhausting to say the least. I figured, why not unwind with a glass of red and type out my bucket list to share with the world. Here goes...
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to travel and experience the world. Growing up, my Dad was lucky enough to travel to a number of different countries with work and hearing his stories made me so excited to eventually be able to travel to these places myself. So far my international travels include a three week trip to the US when I was 19 and my more recent two week getaway to Thailand (pictured below). My recent trip to Thailand only encouraged my travel bug even more.
Due to numerous situations throughout my life, I'm yet to go on a big overseas trip. Once a date has been set for my surgery, I look forward to booking and planning a small part of my overseas bucket list. Whilst there are other things and places on my list, Europe is my number one priority. I would love to do everything on my list at once but unfortunately, like most things in life, the things I want to do and places I want to go all involve money. I'm someone who is terrible at saying "no" to any sort of social invite or activity and am therefore terrible at saving money.
Other than travel, my other big focus has always been music. I'm lucky enough to have seen most of my favourite bands live at one point or another and to also have had the opportunity to be able to sing in bands myself (below with my most recent band, The Pieces). Whilst there are still a couple of bands on my list I'd like to see live, this is one part of my life that I've never cut back on and I'm grateful to myself for it. I might even try to list all of the bands I've seen in one of my posts!
So this is my list to date (by no means complete). I'd love any suggestions from people about what I should add or thoughts on any of the places or items that I've listed. Eventually I'll start a post about the things I've already done that I would recommend and will update posts once I've completed any items on my list below.
My Bucket List
Europe - Places (in no specific order)
- Greek Islands
- Euro Disney (I'm counting it as a place)
Europe - Events
- Sail Croatia
Rest of the world - Places
- New York
- New Orleans
- Disneyworld (again.. it's a place... yes I am a child at heart)
- Vegas (again.. now I'm older than 21)
- Niagra Falls
- New Zealand
Rest of the world - Events/activites
- See a musical on Broadway
- Go to a concert at Red Rocks
- Go to another Full Moon Party (first was amazing)
- Go to another NBA game or other big American sporting event
- Bar (or rather hotel/casino) crawl along the Vegas strip
- I'm sure there are so many more to add.. I just can't think of them right now
Australia - Places, events & activities
- Interstate road trip with a friend
- Bondi Beach
- Port Douglas
- Winery tour
- Learn to ski
- Play a gig to raise money for cancer research
- Sky dive
- Get married (last on my list for a reason)
Bands/artists I'd still love to see
- Pearl Jam
- Lana Del Rey
- Eminem (got tickets for Feb next year!)
- Any big famous pop star who puts on a fun show (yet to see one of these).. Jason Derulo?
I look forward to adding to this list and starting to tick some of the items off when the time comes!
Thanks for taking the time to read,