Monday, 27 January 2014

#63 - See Avicii Live - Check!

Australia Day
There are so many ways in which people in this beautiful country of ours can celebrate Australia Day. For me and my friends this usually includes a barbecue, plenty of chips and dip, some beers and listening to the Hottest 100 on Triple J. This year marked possibly the best Australia Day I've had to date. 

The day started out perfectly with a few drinks and great company; listening to the countdown in the park. 


Later in the day I walked to the Melbourne Showgrounds to tick of item #63 on my bucket list - see Avicii live. Seeing a big name DJ live was a whole new experience for me. I've been to a lot of festivals and bands over the years but I've never been to a festival like Stereosonic or Future Music Festival where all of the famous DJs generally play. 

The night did not disappoint. I was so happy I went and had so much fun! My theme song from Thailand was Wake Me Up so it's fair to say I got a little bit excited when he finished with that song. He played all of his big songs along with other dance songs that everyone could sing along to. I pretty much just danced the entire night (and could feel it when I woke up this morning..). I went with a friend of a friend, Alexa and her friend Amy who couldn't have been nicer girls. They were happy for someone they barely knew to come along with them and we even bought matching merchandise! We had the perfect spot to the side of the stage; really close to the front but with enough space to move. To top off brilliant night, we had a perfect view of the fireworks after the show. 


#63 - See Avicii Live - Check!




Seeing Avicii has made me even more excited for when I eventually get to go to Tomorrowland festival in Belgium which is basically 4 days of DJs and looks like a crazy amount of fun. Alexa and Amy also invited me to go to Future with them in March which I'll definitely consider if I'm not recovering from my operation by then. 

My surgery is getting ever closer and is likely to be in the next month or so but I'm really happy that I've got a few things booked in beforehand to both tick items off my bucket list and have a whole lot of fun in the process. It's only 3 weeks until my birthday and I'll be going on my first ever winery tour. The following week I get to see my teenage idol Eminem live and I also have my upcoming gig for Seb's 100 Things event! So much to look forward to; the next month is going to absolutely fly and I'm going to enjoy every minute. 

I hope everyone has had a great Australia Day long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment